Tuesday 17 November 2015

Moving Home.

Not just moving house, but moving home, has always been a stressful time.

This is made more so when you find the ideal home you want to move to, manage to sell your own, only to have the buyers pull out….twice!
It makes you feel like you are messing the vendors, of the house YOU want, about.  Of course, it is a situation out of your control, but if you are like me you still don't like the situation.

That's the dilemma myself and family are facing at the moment.  We made the decision a while ago that we wanted to move from our South Lincolnshire to settle in Cornwall.  This was made easier by situations arising at work that meant I had to leave my current project. We already know Cornwall well due to the fact that we have a static caravan there that we use for holidays, plus one of our daughters lives there, and son has previously lived there too.

So our house went on sale, we had out first buyer within 2 weeks. I spent 2 days in Cornwall looking at 5 properties and finding an ideal one for us. It was a main bungalow, with a 1-bed annexe for my son to have his own freedom. He lives with us at present due to a disability caused by a motorcycle accident 8 years ago. He had to have a leg amputated, but can still manage the majority of what's needed to survive.

We had agreed a price on this new place, only to have our buyers pull out 3 days later.  Then we sold again, only to have these new buyers pull out after 4 days. It's so frustrating.

The situation now is that we have a "prospective" buyer on the hook.  She initially offered us £15,000 below the asking price. This, as far as we are concerned, was a derisory offer as we have already reduced the price to be able to sell quickly. At the moment she is "sorting her finances out" to come back with an improved offer. No idea what is going to happen, so it still remains on sale at present.

As far as we know the house in Cornwall is still on sale and just waiting for us!

The reason we love Cornwall so much is that it is so laid back and a slower pace of life. Everybody is so friendly there. And wherever you are, you are no further than 30 minutes from the sea. Approaching more senior years we are looking to slow down and enjoy our lives. Spending more time with my wife is one of the key factors to the move. And it also provides such wonderful inspiration for me to do my freelance writing.
This is a picture of Carnack Bay, just 3 miles from our caravan.  This was an overcast and windy day, but it was so invigorating that it was still enjoyable.

This is Perranporth, another of the many high class beaches around the Cornish coast, and gives you some idea of what a fantastic area it is when the weather is good. Which is more often than not, compared to the rest of the country.

So, hopefully, you can understand my keenness to move to the county as soon as possible. Please don't get me wrong, I don't dislike where I live at the moment, it's just that Cornwall has so much more to offer. I already feel that Cornwall is my home, maybe I was a Celt in a former life.

As I said in my first post the biggest upheaval will be leaving our eldest daughter and 3 grandchildren up here. This has been a major source of headaches since we made the decision.  But at our time of life we believe we should think more of us (wife and I) than others, as we have been doing for over 33 years now! It's our time to be together for us.  Even if this means making some unpopular decisions. I am sure it will all work out in the end. 
As I said at the start, moving home is a stressful time!

No comments:

Post a Comment