Friday 13 November 2015

First Blog

Welcome to my blog.

This is a new venture for me, which goes along with the rest go my life at the moment.

For the last few months I have been wondering where my life is going.  At present I am a Registered Nurse working with a MS project for a pharmaceutical company.
It's a work-from-home job that leaves me to control my own diary and make appointments etc.  Due to the fluctuation in the medication market there has been a downturn in the product I am involved with.  This has seen the company having to cut our team back considerably. Nearly half the team is being redeployed onto other projects within the company.

Because of this position I have found out how much I enjoy spending time at home with my wife and pets (3dogs, 2 cats). So I took the decision to embark on a Freelance writing course, with the intention of doing this full-time. I am glad to say it is working out well. I already have two articles about to be published, have passed all my assignments with good comments and am even more confident that this will be my career going forward.

At the same time we are moving home from South Lincolnshire to Cornwall, as much for work as inspiration for the writing. We have a static caravan close to Newquay and one of our daughters' lives near St. Ives. We love the laid back atmosphere of Cornwall as well as the friendliness of the locals. It's almost like going back in time when you visit.
                                                       
                                                       Crantock Bay, near Newquay.


                                   Who would not want to see this sort of scenery every day?

The biggest wrench with this is having to leave our eldest daughter, her husband and 3 grandkids in South Lincolnshire. It has been a real soul-searching time to have to make the decision, but I also feel that it is time for my wife, Dawn, and I to spend some "together time" having spent over 30 years making decisions with thoughts of others at the forefront. Now it's time for us.

Hence the title of this blog, "Change of Life", from career to location, all is changing and it's both exciting and challenging at the same time.

I hope you will join me on this journey.
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment